ByMichele Meleen, M.S.Ed.
Michele Meleen, M.S.Ed.
Michele is a writer who has been published both locally and internationally.
Learn about our Editorial Policy.
Updated March 15, 2022
Welcoming a new baby into the world is a community affair. Siblings, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, co-workers, and family friends alike leap at the chance to congratulate and encourage parents on their new baby. Such a personal occasion calls for personalized messages, but not everyone knows exactly how to express their sentiments.
Congratulation Messages to New Parents
Tons of babies are born every day. Chances are you will find yourself congratulating new mothers and/or fathers several times throughout the year. It might be easier to personalize a message for family members and close friends. However, maybe your boss just gave birth, or your local bank teller, and you want to offer congratulations but don't know exactly what to say. Use these ideas when you find yourself wondering how to congratulate someone who had a baby.
- 87 Cute Baby Announcement Captions to Share the News
- Meet the Biggest Baby Ever Born: Facts on the Largest Births
Congratulations to a New Mom
There are many ways to congratulate a new mom on her latest arrival. Keep your thoughts and words sincere and meaningful. Let her know you are thinking of her and her new baby with a thoughtful message.
- Congratulations on your new baby. They are beyond lucky to call you "Mom."
- Here's a round of applause for the new mom. You deserve a standing ovation for bringing a new little superstar into the world.
- Good work, mama! Best wishes to you and your new baby. Enjoy this rare and magical love that is so uncommon and special.
Congratulations to a New Dad
If a special guy in your life has just become a new father or a father once more, send a baby congratulation message that is appropriate and meaningful.
- Congratulations on your promotion. The title of "Dad" is the highest honor you could ever receive!
- Here's to wishing you days of being one rad comrade for your new little dude!
- From super guy to super dad, we know your bond with baby will be ironclad.
Congratulations on a Baby Girl
When you want to say "congratulations on your baby girl," you can use sweet sayings or adorable congratulatory quotes tailor-made for parents of little girls.
- You've been blessed with an angel in your new baby girl. May her halo always shine so bright.
- Baby girls make the world a sweeter place. Congrats on your precious little sweetheart.
- Newborn girls are made of sunshine, paradise, and everything nice. Bask in her warming glow.
Congratulations on a Baby Boy
Send wonderful well wishes to loved ones who have a new guy in town. For the new parents, life is about to get so much more exciting!
- Give a "hear, hear" your little boy is here!
- Congratulations on your new son. We already love him a ton!
- Some boys wear blue, and some wear pink. Your new little guy is cute as a wink!
How to Congratulate Your Boss on Their New Baby
If your boss has welcomed a bundle of joy, it is appropriate to acknowledge their baby's birth. You can wish them well in person, via card or flowers, or send a thoughtful baby congratulations email. How you send your well wishes will depend on the type of relationship you have with your boss and their family.
- It looks like there's a new boss in town! Congrats on your little one. (Cute congratulation message if you and your boss have a fun and laid-back relationship).
- On behalf of all of us here at (company name), let me offer best wishes and the warmest welcome to the newest member of the team. Congrats on your new baby.
- Congrats on your beautiful baby. Enjoy this magical time together, as it goes by so fast.
How to Congratulate a Co-Worker on a New Baby
A co-worker has just given birth. Because you spend forty-some hours per week with this person, you'll want to acknowledge the special moment in their life. Congratulatory messages for co-workers who had a baby vary in delivery and style. Consider your relationship with the new parent, and adjust your well wishes accordingly.
- Life at the office will be dull while you are on maternity leave, but we are thrilled that you get to spend this time with your new baby. Congrats and blessings to you and your family.
- You always did like a massive project. Cheers to your greatest undertaking yet: parenthood!
- I'm so thrilled to hear your baby is finally here. I can't wait to meet the little cutie.
Funny Congratulations Messages for a New Baby
Personalized messages filled with humor or jokes are best reserved for very close friends and family members who have an excellent sense of humor. Be sure you know the parents well and that your message will be received in jest before sending these congrats messages out.
- Welcome to the greatest adventure of your lives. Hold on and enjoy the ride!
- You created a real-life human! If you never do anything else important in your life, you did this. You can be done now.
- Here's to hoping he looks like dad and thinks like mom! Beauty and brains, what a winning combination!
- A new baby is such a blessing. You'll never love this deeply, smile this wide, or sleep this little ever again.
- Congratulations, you are now the proud owners of a real live mirror. They will not only look like you, but act like you too (especially when you don't want them to),
Congratulations on the Birth of a Niece
She isn't your baby girl, but you love her in a way that is hard to describe. She has a piece of your heart forever, and you can't wait for the adventures the two of you will have someday. Congratulate her parents on birthing your brand new little bestie!
- She might be your daughter, but she will grow up to be my partner in crime! Congrats, and thanks for birthing my future best friend.
- I'm delighted to hear of our new family member's safe arrival. So proud of all of you and can't wait to snuggle everyone.
- Congrats on your beautiful baby. I'm going to devote my life to saying yes when her parents say no, giving her everything she wants, and teaching her all that stuff you probably don't want her knowing!
General Words of Congrats for a New Baby
These messages would be appropriate for any parents of a new baby, regardless of your relationship with the recipient.
- Wishing your new family a lifetime of happiness. May your greatest times be spent together.
- We (I) couldn't be happier to share in your joy. Congratulations on your adorable new baby.
- All the best to you and your new little bundle of joy. May your lives be filled with happiness.
Heartfelt Sayings of Congratulations
This type of message is typically reserved for people you have a close, personal relationship with. Let them know that your heart is bursting with love over their little miracle.
- Congratulations on creating a beautiful, healthy baby. I look forward to sharing in the joy they will surely bring.
- Best wishes to an amazing couple as you share in the love (baby's name) has brought us all. Our lives are forever happier with them in the world.
- Count your lucky stars, little (baby's name). These parents are all yours, a lifetime of love they will bring.
Messages filled with scripture or teachings from certain religions can be used in a personal statement of congratulations. Blessed with baby messages can include prayers or be an original spiritual wish from you to the new parents and their child.
- Roses are red, violets are blue, (baby's name) is blessed to have parents like you. Blessings to you and your new bundle of joy.
- God has blessed your lives by bringing you this child. May your lives be blessed together for eternity.
- 'Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward.' Psalms 127, 3-5. We (I) gladly rejoice with you in the gift of your new baby boy/girl.
Are you InTheKnow?
Sign up for our newsletter featuring all the latest stories and products we love.
Baby Shower Card Messages
Well wishes for a baby shower can be contained in a card for the new parents that goes along with your gift. You will want to reach out once more and extend well wishes once the baby arrives, but be sure to also spread kind sentiments at a baby shower as well.
- Congrats, your special day is just moments away. We hope this gift shows more than we can say.
- Congratulations and Felicitations on your new little one(s)!
- Congratulations, and here's a salute to your new family crew.
Examples of Congratulations Messages for Extended Family
When the whole family is excited about a new baby, send personalized congratulations messages to extended family members with whom you are particularly close. They are likely just as excited over this new baby as the actual parents are.
Congratulations on Being an Aunt
Go beyond the standard "congratulations; you're an auntie" with a new aunt quote in a cute card.
- We're on a joyful rant because you're a new aunt! Congrats!
- Best wishes on your new role as the favorite aunt!
- Now that you're an aunt, you can stop saying "can't," because aunts don't have to follow the rules! Welcome to the club!
Congratulations on Becoming an Uncle
Congrats messages for uncles can be used in a new uncle card or shared face-to-face.
- Congrats on becoming a new uncle, but be careful that the new baby doesn't make your heart buckle!
- Congratulations to the coolest new uncle on the block!
- Being an uncle is a special honor, best wishes on your new role.
Congratulations to the New Grandparents
Let the new grandparents hear your best wishes for their new grandbaby with these simple sayings.
- We've told everyone else to move out of the way; it's your special day! No one else could love that new baby in the grandparent way.
- All I can say is, aww! Congrats to the new Grandma and Grandpa!
- Whether you're Nana and Papa, or Baba and Gigi, I know you'll be everything that new baby needs. Congratulations.
Tips for Creating Personal Congratulations Messages
As the experts at Hallmark say, congratulations messages for a newborn baby are your way of officially greeting the new arrival. Your purpose is to add to the new parents' joy in a way they can keep forever if they choose.
While there is no shame or ill-will in buying a special occasion card and adding a simple 'congratulations' with your signature on the inside, most of us hope to be a little more giving than that. Don't stress out over what to write in a new baby card! Instead, follow these how-to steps when your goal is to congratulate someone on their new baby. You are sure to create a message worth giving!
- Choose your recipient. When sending a card after the birth of a baby, you have three choices on whom to direct your message. Some people write a note to the new baby, but most direct messages to the parents or the entire family.
- Select a greeting. The greeting is how any note or letter naturally starts. You can choose a formal, semi-formal, or informal greeting depending upon your relationship with the family. The most common formal greeting, according to Oxford Dictionaries, is Dear. This greeting can also be used informally, with Hello, Hi, or a person's first name.
- Speak from the heart. Regardless of your relationship with the family, find an appropriate way to say what you really want. The birth of a new baby is a very sentimental time, and genuine messages are always well-received.
- Add a quote. If you are truly at a loss for what to say, consider adding a quote. Children's books, baby poems, scripture, and songs offer an endless variety of words for any occasion.
- Choose a salutation. Your salutation is the word or words right before you sign your name. Try to keep your salutation at the same level as your greeting, formal or informal. Phrases such as warmly, lots of love, all our love, God bless, sincerely, from, or hugs and kisses are common salutations.
Your Personalized Baby Congratulations Message
Sharing in the joy as parents and other family members welcome a new baby into the world is a priceless opportunity. Whether you're crafting a message to accompany a baby shower gift or you're sending a note of congratulations after the bundle of joy has arrived, take the time to think about who you are sending the message to and what you really feel. Your thoughtful message will surely be received with open arms.
Trending on LoveToKnow
© 2023 LoveToKnow Media. All rights reserved.